Thursday, August 25, 2016

What's Up?

Not posting much this week - my energy is going to an application for promotion at work (I hate online applications that won't let me save a partial application!) and other life stuff. Like a sing at a local hospice last weekend, my Artist Play group gearing up for fall, and getting ready to facilitate a small group at my place of worship. Oh yes, and reading. I've currently got 3 books started.

The Underground Railroad
by Colson Whitehead

The Race Beat
by Gene Roberts and Hank Klibanoff


All the birds in the sky
by Charlie Jane Anders 


And two book-related events I'd like to go to this fall:

AJC Decatur Book Festival Labor Day Weekedn
(I consider this annual event my birthday present!)

Nisi Shaw (Everfair) at Charis Books September 23



What are you up to?


2 comments:

  1. The Underground Railroad is everywhere, lately! I hope you're enjoying it - I think I'm going to have to pick it up soon myself, too. The Race Beat also looks really interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying it Jordan. It's fast-paced, but it also makes me think of the permutations racism takes in our country.

    And the race beat is fascinating - a different perspective. I hope to write a review after I finish it, but I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete