Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Top Ten Tuesdays II: My backlog & a few new items

This week's topic is new releases we're looking forward to. I don't have ten (yet.) I haven't finished reading all last year's new releases I want to read!

Here's some titles I want to read that were published last year:

http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780385542364  

The Underground Railroad: What would life be like if there was literally an underground railroad and two slaves used it to escape? Historical fiction/mashed up with surrealism?

The Bones of Grace: Paleontologist Zubaida Haque is torn between her expected arranged marriage and the mores of her Bangladeshi family and her infatuation with and American she meets shortly before leaving the US.

Homegoing: historical fiction, follows two half sisters and their descendents.

The Mothers: how do the secrets of our adolescence impact our lives?

White rage: History professor Carol Anderson argues that white rage responds to every gain made by African Americans.



And three titles I'm looking forward to this year in the science fiction & fantasy categories

 and Convergence by C. J. Cherryh




No comments:

Post a Comment